Aerial Yoga is a comprehensive fitness technique that is intended to decompress your spine and align the body from head to toe while stretching and strengthening your muscles by using a Christopher Harrison’s Aerial Yoga hammock.
It combines traditional Yoga poses, Pilates and dance with the use of an AntiGravity hammock or silk and a Queenax Bridge equipment. If you feel taller after the AntiGravity class, then you probably are! Many people who suffer from back pain find that this class offers them some relief.
Come and try it for yourself!
Awesome! Alex is really experienced and ensures you get the best out of each workout while having fun!”
Easily Book, Manage & Pay For Your Workouts Anytime With The Worx Fitness App
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Aerial Yoga develops a unique kind of strength, body awareness and wellbeing. It develops our mind body connection by giving us new ways to experience our physical selves. Our perspective can be lightened by turning our bodies upside down, affecting a transformation of our emotions and thoughts.
The inversion also increases blood flow to the head which can assist in cellular rejuvenation of the skin on our face, enhancing skin tone, texture and a healthy glow. Diaphragmatic breathing is also strengthened which improves our normal respiratory rate and relaxes us further. And like any yoga practice, Aerial Yoga helps improve circulation, reduce swelling, boost lymphatic drainage, detox organs and strengthen all areas of our body.
Top 10 Benefits of Areal Yoga:
- Total Body Workout: Due to the nature of Aerial Yoga, almost every body part is forced to move and stretch. Muscles are toned and redefined, and joints become regenerated and strengthened.
- Psychologically Beneficial: Like other workouts, Aerial Yoga helps regenerate your emotional systems because it clears the mind and relieves stress due to its meditative state. It also helps you relieve stress and increase creativity, which leads you to develop your own artistic skills.
- Improves Flexibility: Aerial Yoga helps you to move more freely, with less effort, by counteracting gravity. Suspension in the air releases tension on the bones and muscles, increasing flexibility and deepening your practice. Suspended Yoga increases core strength and increases spinal, hip and shoulder flexibility and mobility.
- Heals Back Problems: It gives you the opportunity to hang freely, allowing your spine to lengthen and decompress. With less strain on your back while doing the exercises, it eases tension in the spinal cord and hip joint, helping you function better and feel great.
- Increases Strength: Aerial Yoga improves functional strength and flexibility, which carries over into your daily activities. The core workout is effective cross-training, as it helps athletes increase stamina and lower recovery time.
- Mood Enhancer: Another key benefit of doing Aerial Yoga is that it gets your adrenaline going while going against gravity. It also releases “happy” hormones like endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin and dopamine; which enhance your mood and help you feel more energetic and enthusiastic.
- Improves Balance: Aerial Yoga helps with balance and stability in your daily activities. Balance is a key component in daily activities, and Aerial Yoga helps your peripheral awareness and maintain a good balance both inside and out.
- Aids Digestion: The variation of stretches and movements help improve the digestive system. This can help heal various digestion-related issues, including constipation and indigestion.
- Anti-Aging and Heart Disease: Aerial Yoga improves the circulation of blood, thus combating aging and its symptoms. Aerial Yoga also helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which lowers the onset of various cardiovascular issues.
- Improves Memory: Aerial Yoga fortifies your neural connections, thereby, rendering better memory power and mental capacity. In a way, practicing Aerial Yoga can make you smarter!